Is there any wonder it ended like it did......?
  • Don't know if anyone has heard this before (you'll find loads of others that come up on YouTube when you listen to this though - aptly titled Roger Waters 'rants' and from various gigs. Is there any wonder that Floyd ended up splitting up?
    I LOVE RW and my foot lies firmly set in his camp as opposed to post split Gilmour Floyd - and as this was 35 years ago it's well in the past, but if I was in a band with a member who did this kind of thing at local level, let alone worldwide phenomena level, I wouldn't have much to say to them afterwards.
    I find it very amusing in it's own way though, and I can just imagine him doing it! Luckily though, this type of thing channelled him into the writing of 'The Wall' (especially after the infamous 'spitting' incident) - so as they say 'every cloud has a silver lining' as look what great stuff we've all had from him since then..........
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope August 2012
    I don't even think it sounds like Rogers voice in this, why oh why do ppl continue to just believe and accept things at face value that they read, see or just hear on the internet? Sounded more Scottish or Irish accent too

(edit) and if im wrong, and this was Roger, so what. He's right shut up and just listen to the music xxxx
  • No I agree - he's atoned for it more then enough and talks candidly in several interviews about his bad attitude towards the fans back then - not sure where you're from SkyBlue but from an English perspective this definitely sounds like a younger RW - the accent is well spoken southern English / London area - definitely NOT Scottish / Irish - and completely fitting with RW's background of growing up in Cambridge then studying and living in London. 
    Also, for reference, I do not just believe what I see, read or hear on the internet at face value - I've been a lifelong RW fan and was only just too young to attend one of the first set of 'The Wall' concerts at Earls Court in 1980 - I still remember waving goodbye to my parents as they set off to attend one the original concerts and I had to bum around with my mates for the evening feeling REALLY peeved!
    Incidentally I did go this time round with my Mum in May 2011 which was a really special night and also my 17 year old daughter came along too...
    Oh when I say "ppl" I definitely wasn't directing that at YOU, personally. I apologize if I came across that way, and im in USA in NJ near NY, so my knowledge of the European accents is obviously, very limited so far. But I love the British accents the most....still, the voice itself even though it's younger voice, doesn't ring true, or accurate to me, that it's rws xxxxxx
    As for atoning I feel none was that necessary. Can't apologize forever for being on your way to what you are today cxxx
  • No I agree - no offence taken either - people only need to atone for things to make peace with themselves not others. I'd bet my last £/$ on it being his voice though.........still it's all good fun - we can agree to disagree can't we?
    No doubting that we all know what he sounds like now though!
    For sure, you said it cxxx
  • kellycampbell August 2012
    From one who has been critical of Roger in other forum topics I for one have no issue with what he is saying here, I agree with him on this subject.
    I did a Facebook "survey" and its unanimous for that is really Roger. Just thought I'd keep you posted and that same thing came up as a YouTube suggestion in the app so I shared it too. Xxxx
  • jcare August 2012
    Why did you think it wasn't Roger?  Just sounds like him to me..he's also had this little kind of lisp thing going on because of his chipped bottom teeth at the time..not technically a lisp but the way he says certain words..I have heard this before..
    I have a residual "lisp" from last summers bell palsy but I don't know why rw does. You can only really tell if im yelling, lol.

To answer you jc (stands for Jesus Christ too, lol) I think maybe it seemed at first a little too spliced together seeing one still pic against the audio, and I thought it could have been some cyber joke like when you Photoshop heads onto other bodies, for an example. But clearly I've learned something else new, I thought it was a dubbed over voice at first and honestly, I hadn't actually listened to rw actual speaking voice until like the 90s xxx
  • jcare August 2012
    Oh okay I wasn't sure where you were coming from but that explains it..I don't think that RW has a lisp just the way he pronounced certain letters/words due to the large space where his bottom teeth were broken off, his accent covered it up nicely..he has since fixed them.. That youtube rant has been a round for awhile I remember watching (or should I say listening to it) several years ago..yes jc is Jesus Christ my boss calls me that..and not in a good the old grump love me...he needs someone to yell to remember my poker face!!!
  • jcare August 2012
    What was his quote when the bottle hit was a bloody something or other..damn I can't remember it now!  His voice did get deeper..cigarettes?
    Yeah that Jesus only occurred to me just now when I went to shorten the initials via text. So if you don't like it I won't use it too, ok? Lol

He's had one sexy era after another that lil devil!! Lol xxx (rw)
    cant believe he got hit by a flying bottle...thats messed up...but like when you fall off horses he got back on it..
  • jcare August 2012
    It was during one of their early gigs..was it in Scotland Cym?  i believe it was..
  • jcare August 2012
    It definitely was a rough place I remember Nick mentioning in his book that Roger spent the entire night looking for the guy and thankfully didn't find him..yep thanks for letting me borrow your memory!
    I'll bet karma got the guy...don't worry!! Xxx

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact with any issues.