The Roger Waters Collection
  • Bibi_Uncle June 2011

Hi everyone !

Roger Waters's new collection box is out here in Canada since May 31st. What is your opinion about it ?

Personnally, I'm still thinking about it. I already has Radio KAOS and Amused to Death. Ça Ira is an album that I will absolutly buy someday, In the Flesh looks good on YouTube and The Pros + Cons of Hitch Hiking is probably as good as Radio KAOS and Amused. It would have be great to have

However, I'm a bit confused about the price. At Roger Water's official store, it is $44.99 (in canadian dollars of course), but it is pre-order (I don't know why...). At Archambeault, a CD store in Québec, it is $73.99 (at HMV, $72.99). They always overprice a bit (they must earn money !) but now there is a huge difference. Any explanations ?

• Maybe it's the privilege of being able to pre-order, or the incentive to get the sales faster that way. It'll be this much cheaper, if you pre-order, and buy it now, verses the other ways,and later. I tried that link last night when I happened across it looking at discography, it didn't work for me, and now, when I go to the link, nothing's coming up, is it just my pc?

PS: I tried it again, but I can't figure out how to check out, (I know, I know, I'm dense, I don't usually buy anything online) AND, I have to wait until at least July 1st (probably won't still be available as a pre-order, obviously by then anyway, but I do wish I could just do that right now xxxx

• i'd love to hear Amused To Death on 180 gram vinyl

• AlgieAlgie June 2011
    i have alredy all, but i buy it.

-Algie.
  • there are at least two, maybe three cd's in that collection I didn't already have. xxxx it's worth it xxxx
  • kaskas June 2011

I've also got them all but I'll still buy the boxset just for the  box lol

• norwaypf June 2011

Have of course all the albums including Body and When The Wind blows on cd x 2 (and LP`s) and of course the 3 Japan mini lp cd albums. But I wanted the box since I`m a collector. Got it one week ago but I`m must admit I`m a little bit dissapointed about the quality of it. First of all they are not True mini lp replicas, since they don`t look like the original lp`s cover wise. Also there is no inlay in each cd and there is not even a protection plastic bag to put the cd`s in before you put it into each sleeve. Which in time will make marks and unplayable cds :-( 

Mabye I`m abit demanding because I have those japan mini lp cds (3 x Waters and 18 x Floyd) which are the best you could ever get when it comes to this format. They are just amazing, 100% true to the original lp artwork with all the inlays that came with the original lp, they even use the same type of paper and ink as the original lp`s, that just saying how much time and quality the japanese put into there products. And of course they are remastered with a soundquality just the japanese can make :-)

• does it come with full lyrics for everything??? xxxxx
  • weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope March 2012
    please stop
  • *places spoicy jox o' plenty on the chin of skyblue*
  • cdburnercdburner November 2012
    I'm like kaskas, have them all previously, [on proper VINYL] !! but bought it "just for the box" lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.