Just Bought Paris Tickets
  • JTG December 2012
    I'm excited, just bought tickets for the show in Paris but confirmation said I had to pick them up ON THE DAY from the stadium, I know it's probably fine but I have this niggling feeling that it might go wrong, does anyone know of any way of re-confirming the purchase? I've sent an email to the query address I rewceived with my confirmation but as yet no reply. New castle upon Tyne to Paris for 3 is a long way and a lot of money to be told you can't go in!! On the brighter side though I'm well excited.
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    Don't worry I am sure everything will be ok, at least I hope it will as I have done the same. To be honest I would be more concerned about getting to the box office than getting the tickets when there as some Paris residents are notorious for not being very helpful even when they can with people who only speak English.
  • JTG December 2012
    Cheers, feel a lot better now!!!!
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    Are you standing or sitting JTG,if you want too we could always meet up before the show for a drink and to get the tickets.
  • the_final_cutterthe_final_cutter December 2012
    ....don't wanna rain on your parade but I got scammed on 4 x The Wall tickets in 2011 - if you've paid by credit card the they'll cover the cost - luckily I managed to get some (very expensive) seats in the VIp area about 2 weeks before the gig, but received an email from who I'd bought them from in the first place saying there had 'been problems' and surprise, surprise the tel. no's given didn't work - if you got them through a reputable agency though you should be ok although I would have thought seating options / standing would have been offered available by now..........?? Still good luck and enjoy - I'm off to Wembley (and hopefully Dublin if I can get the cash!!) :)
    ..yes Gibbin agreed; the French are tossers - sorry if you're French and I've offended you but you are and don't recognise it!!!! At least we Brits recognise we can be a bunch of patronising, arrogant bastards at times lol
    I'm sure tickets purchased from here are completely legit......
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    As most other have said there is no-way you will not be able to get your tickets once you get to the stadium, just leave plenty of time before the show to pick them up as you don't want to find there is a big queue with the show about to start.

I have standing tickets for the show and having just visited the Stade de France web site I have just noticed there is a kind of golden circle standing (presumably) area in front of the stage that is marked as sold out. It will be interesting to see if the tickets bought through RogerWaters.com are inside this area.
  • JTG December 2012
    I'll update when I get confirmation, cheers all. Final Cutter, sorry you feel that way about the French, my wife (who's French) found it most amusing, in fact you could say she was 'Amused to death' (sorry, couldn't resist it). Gibbins, if you're in Paris I'll gladly have a verre du vin avec vous monsieur.
  • JTG December 2012
    And I got my tickets on this site and can't tossing well wait, to add to my joy Sunderland got beaten today as well, ah life is sweet.
  • cdburnercdburner December 2012

Well I hope its "within 2 -3 weeks" as was quoted when ordering tickets..... THAT will be my Christmas present, from me to me, for THIS year & NEXT..  I hope we ALL get some news soon !!!

JTG - no worries lol! It's just the 'euro-rivalry' talking - nothing serious (I think we've all got our gripes with each other) - 'Don't mention the war' lmao!! John Cleese running round in Fawlty Towers - hilarious!!
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    I had another confirmation email today for my Paris tickets (I am sure I had one shortly after booking them) so it looks as though my booking is doubly confirmed, as such I would be very surprised if there was a problem once I got to the venue. There was no mention of which area the standing is in, the stadium web site has two areas listed, one directly in front of the stage (kind of a golden circle) called Pelouse Or @ €67.30 and another further back just called Pelouse @€56.30. I wait in hope and anticipation
    I've been allocated Wembley [Block 103] I thought it was blocks 140-145 PRE SALE ??? !!!
    Which Block are you allocated Albert ???
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    Still wondering if the standing in Paris will be in the golden circle area, the confirmation says General Standing but I believe the price was the same a s the Golden Circle area. maybe time to give Eric an email
  • Gibbin82 December 2012
    Heard back from Eric and pleased to find out that the standing tickets are for the Pelouse Or area which is Standing Gold. It will be a new experience for me to see the show close up, I can hardly wait for it for September to come now.
  • reg_waters_7569 December 2012
    I asking to be seated behind alberta so he dont be a wanker falling asleep like sheep lol
    more like cannot afford any more got my tickets and what I need is for a wamker like you to  just go away opps like flushing a toilet your gone down the river
    first not your brother in any way and dont lump me with your daddy charles baer and take your jesus thing and shove it
    if I have so many names how come im still here you fudge packer only thing I feel is a line from a movie the best part of me ran down your mums leg
    yes charles webster baer
    yes charles webster baer
  • Gibbin82 September 2013

Had my reminder email for the Paris gig and it states we will be let in before the general public so we can get a choice spot (does that make us VIP's?). Also had an email awhile back from Eric @ Rogerwaters.com saying the standing tickets brought in the pre-sale are in the golden circle area (Pelouse Or) so it will be a new experience for me to be so close after seeing it from various places around venues (check out my 02 iphone video below 12th row),this time I might even be able to feel the wind on my face coming from the falling wall :)

Anyone going from the forum that are worried about collecting their tickets or would just like to meet up before the gig, drop me a message and we will see if we can sort something out. 

http://youtu.be/efr0LusCQ8M

Off to Paris tomorrow morning and really looking forward to seeing the last showing of the Wall. I will be standing this time and should be an amazing night, after to be honest being a little disapointed with the gig at Wembley. A combination of being too far away, too near the effects speakers (producing a nasty pre echo at times and the crap acoustics at Wembley made me feel as though for me it could have been better, or to be correct I could have been sitting in a better place to enjoy it fully.

Anyway last call on here, but is anyone from the Roger Waters forum going?
    Got back from going to see the Wall in Paris at the Stade de France late on Sunday night, a bit knackered from also trying to take in as many of the sights of Paris as possible. Must say I enjoyed it far more than the Wembley gig, after often hearing it said that there would be no bad seat too see it from and you can't be to far away as it is so big and also people saying you can be too close, well I found the opposite to be true. At Wembley I had a seat up in the gods (the 200's at the front of the second tier) and even though the wall is a big show, from there to me it looked insignificant and the sound was awful with the effects speakers giving a terrible pre echo, what it must have been like at the back of the top tier in the 500's I dread to think. This time I stood within spitting distance of the stage and it was the best of all the four times I have seen it. Yes you don't get to see everything that is right across the Wall but even from further back there is so much going on you can't possibly take it all in and during the first half most of the major animation is projected onto the huge circular screen. Something else that I found really improved it for me being so close, was that I could see all of Rogers gestures and expressions which for me really added to the performance. In addition I also saw things that would not have been possible to see further back such as a life sized shadow of a graffiti writer coming across the from the side of the stage during Another Brick in the Wall part 2 and writing "We Don't Need No Education" on the wall. Added to that the sound was amazing, I could hear things crystal clear that I can't even really make out when I play the record at home (and I have a stupidly expensive audio system). An amazing night I just wish I could experience it again next weekend.

Another bonus was that while waiting to collect my ticket I could hear the sound checks which included the sound effects from In the Flesh and the orchestral parts of Comfortably Numb. Having never really listened to the orchestra in isolation on Comfortably Numb I was blown away by how beautiful it is, I wish I could get an copy of it.

Regarding the debate on Roger miming, well from my viewpoint (which was close enough to actually see his lips moving) I didn't think he was, and if he was he is the best lip sync artist ever seen and also the track he was miming to must have had a few parts where his voice broke up a bit! As it is Floyd always have always relied heavily on tapes or prerecorded digital tracks and sound effects and I don't think there are any live acts now that play it straight without the benefit of audio enhancements (backing vocals, double tracking etc.). What may make people think that Roger is miming is that the video projections of him at the ends of the wall often are not in sync with him (even more pronounced the further back you are due to the audio delay), that is because they are pre recorded and not live video from the show, hence the appearance of miming as Rogers mouth doesn't always exactly match the words sung, I can confirm though this is not the case when you can actually see him singing the parts.

Something else I heard on the night (or at least I thought I did) was the pig seemed to be squealing when it met its fate by being consumed by the crowd. I was a bit far away from it but it definitely sounded like it to me, but can anyone who has been closer to it confirm this to me please. (or could it just have been the sound of escaping gas and sweaty fingers trying to tear the pig apart)

Finally Roger said something at the end of the night which gave me a bit of hope that I might get another chance to see the Wall. After the end of 'Outside the Wall' Roger thanked the crowd and said it was a great night to end the tour and it "may be the last ever appearance of the Wall", it could be me just being hopeful but he did seem to emphasise the word "may" and I think he has definitely not ruled it out.

P.S. Thanks to all the nice French people I met who helped make my weekend in Paris a great one
  • churchmileschurchmiles September 2013
    Wow i hear what your saying about the sound at Wembley. We was a few blocks along from the stage and when it started there was a bad echo right around our side. But it was dealt with by the sound dudes and was gone within 3 mins. I realised this was an issue before going to Wembley and was just fortunate our seats was out the way of the horrible echo feedback whats it called breakdown. The surround and helicopters were amazing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.