Maggie what have you done?
  • bmock78bmock78 April 2013
    Do we mourn the passing of Baroness Thatcher, or do we still ask the question: "Oh Maggie what have you done?"
  • churchmileschurchmiles April 2013
    Neither, we all thank her for making all us council flat/house tenants rich during her reign. By allowing us renters the chance to buy our council houses at tuppence a shot .Cheers Maggie R.I.P. 
  • cdburnercdburner April 2013
    Wonder if Roger will change the words now to "Maggie, look what you did" ??
  • CorneliusCornelius May 2013

Yes and approx one third of those council houses are now in the hands of

buy to rent private landlords. Making a small fortune out of the housing crisis they helped to create.

Maggie Thatcher, ROT IN HELL.

• Is the wrong answer. Most of the places people bought off the council did so in order to move out of the city and create a better life for themselves and their children. I know this as i was born into this. The people that bought the flats/houses off of the origianal (winners ) was people that was sick of renting so therefore decided it was cheaper to get a mortage. I know it all then went tits up with the rise of interest rates on repayments. But that was long after Maggie left. Since then the property market has been nuts. These places was in some of the most run down places that London had to ofer. Today they are trendy desirable well maintained places that the yuppy generation took and made their own thanks to the money that docklands and the city was and still are generating. You will struggle to find many 45/50 plus year olds that struggle to make ends meet. We are all queuing up to buy Wembley and Football tickets. But in closing i will say ( what a bitch )

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.