What Shall We Do Now?
  • RunLikeFuckRunLikeFuck August 2011
    If anyone has seen The Wall film or seen any of the live shows, you'd know there is a longer version of Empty Spaces entitled "What Shall We Do Now?". This was the original recording but had to be cut down due to time constraints on the vinyl. There is a live version in the "Is There Anybody Out There?: The Wall live 1980-1981" album. There are a couple of rips from the film but they have the added sound effects and are often in pretty bad quality. I'm wondering if anybody knows of any plans to release the studio version at some point.

Thanks.
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope March 2012
    bump
  • evanlambert April 2012
    I certainly hope so. The full story can't be told without it. I was hoping that it was going to be added to the reissue, but we know how that turned out.
  • butterflybutterfly April 2012
    .  .  has  anyone  NEWS  about  the  longer  version  of   " EMPTY  SPACES "   .  .  thank  you  all  .  .    
  • YellowRoseYellowRose April 2012
    I don't think there are supposed to be any set list changes from last year's U.S. tour. So if I understand your question correctly butterfly, I think Roger will be playing What Shall We Do Now again this year. Of course, no one will know for sure until the first show in TX next month.

Even though it's not likely, I am hoping he will also add When the Tigers Broke Free to the set list this year. That would be amazing!
  • jcare April 2012
    Has the Tigers Broke Free ever been performed live? Does anyone know?
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope April 2012
    i don't know jcare, good question :))
  • DrWhoDrWho April 2012
    Tigers, never performed live.

The only set change listings are and this is a SPOILER******* (new ending to ABITW 2, and lyrics)
  • kawikbr April 2012
  • YellowRoseYellowRose April 2012
    Maybe one day Roger will decide to perform When the Tigers Broke Free live. I guess if he doesn't do it during the Wall, there's always hope that he'll do it at a later show during his set of songs off the Final Cut songs.
  • 506am506am April 2012
    Roger has recorded - both video and audio - multiple shows, so when he releases the CD and/or DVD of this tour, then we'll have a PERFECT version of What Shall We Do Now?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.