Opening to The Wall at Wembley Stadium
  • For one night only he should open it with the audio he started the DSOTM tour with.   The words "some people are on the pitch... they think it's all over... it is now!"  are possibly the most famous words in the history of British television.  There's even been a TV programme named after them!   Those legendary words were spoken at Wembley Stadium.  To open the show with that sentence would be entirely appropriate!  Do it Rog!

• CorneliusCornelius May 2013

Maybe if you're an England fan it would but, Will their not be people there from all over the UK/WORLD ?, Who won't relate to what "They think it's all over"(yawn,snore)....means....

Most of us in "Other" parts of the U.K  are sick of this kind of crap!, Get a grip 1966 was a long time ago!

I suspect I am going to incur the wrath of a thousand Englishmen now......

O.K who's 1st...?.........lol

• ME. Nah only kidding. Maybe it should be a clause in every band who play the great stadium to say those words. Not sure if i would tell Metallica though. Iron Maiden would probably say it regardless.

• Bump
  • bump
  • Cornelius until we win it again (ie never) we have to keep going on about it!   ANYWAY he used it before and it'd be good to pay homage to the stadium by using it just once more.  Surely, just this once!  

He probably isn't bothered what we think anyway!  
  • Maybe you will need your gps to find Wembley stokebloke ho ho ho 
  • CorneliusCornelius June 2013

Does anyone know what lay behind the  'I'm Sparticus' chant opening the show last time ?

• stokebloke June 2013
     We won the World Cup in 1966 and some people talk as if it was years ago!  It was at least a foot over the line.
  • I think you will find we won the world cup ( west ham ) the others were merely there to make up the numbers. Obviously i was referring to Stoke . Cnat recall them ever getting to Wembley but what do you expect from a team that only scores from a throw in .lol
  • stokebloke June 2013
    We stopped scoring from throw ins!  We stopped scoring altogether!  We won 5-0 at Wembley once.  
  • that was before we i was alive and i am 92 next week LOL
  • bump

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

Sorry about that, But Could'nt Stop Laughing At That Last Joker

• yeh what a crack hey

yes really funny

• sad aint it.

Yes

• You dont have to divulge your past on this forum mr corn

No, I won't, Don't worry about it.

• There you go again Rab. Now stay off the jungle juice or you wont make your train. You do represent the scottish people as a whole and so far doing a fairly good job.

Now Now, no slagging the scots,

You're at it again,         I don't even drink alcohol.

• ya boring now , bye
    Bye
  • i,m forever blowing bubbles.
    You at the bong again?

Ah £uck this for a joke, This forum is literally drowning in spam...

• cdburnercdburner June 2013

yes and getting worse... admin ??????

• stokebloke July 2013
    If Rog ever performs The Wall at Centre court he can start it with the BBC commentary of Andy Murrays winning point yesterday.  
  • Andy is a foreigner.
  • cdburnercdburner July 2013
    Tuts  @ churchmiles !!! Theirs also "foreigners" in your beloved West Ham (as in all sports)!! I was definitely cheering him on anyway !!
  • me to, shhhhhh
  • CorneliusCornelius July 2013
    Me too, Boing!
  • CorneliusCornelius August 2013

Whatever he starts the show with is fine with me,

I'm sure it's gonna be fucking wonderful

• cdburnercdburner August 2013
    Me too, can't wait, It will be "The Happiest Days of Our Lives", well one of them anyway !!
    Just got email, saying that tickets will be posted & NOT be pick up on the day.... glad about that, BUT it says confirm email address....   to where ????
  • CorneliusCornelius August 2013
    Hmmm, Not sure
  • churchmileschurchmiles August 2013
    I could not send an email to confirm so i have emailed them seperatly to tickets@rogerwaters.com i am glad i am not alone in this. It is a bit mad that it says confirm but dont open the link to do so. Oh well i have emailed the sending address so hopefully they will tell me when and who is sending the tickets. I will post here if i get a reply.
    Sorry to go again but my says ( confirm mailing address ) not confirm email address.
    I think its just confirm IF your address has changed, I didn't mail anyone, but hopefully will still get tickets, I'll keep my eyes open for messages on here......
    It will all come out in the wash. I have had a reply saying we will get another email when they are posted to let us know they are on there way, smooth and satisfying like Larami.
  • CorneliusCornelius September 2013
    Looks like he's using the ''I'M SPARTICUS'' beginning to all the shows..!
  • cdburnercdburner September 2013
    Yes, I've seen a couple of the latest shows on line, and the "I'm Spartacus" start is on "the wall" at the start now....   8 DAYS & Counting.......
  • churchmileschurchmiles September 2013
    Tickets in my sky rocket happy dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.