Too Much Rope (jungle of bells effect)
  • Igor June 2013
    minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">At the
    beginning of the track "Too Much Rope" from the album "Amused to Death" (Sony Music Entertainment, Inc. Columbia) we hear the strokes of mattock against the stone, and
    approximately on the 50th second the horse cart movement and the
    jungle of bells begin. I have noticed that when acoustics is slightly moved
    away from the received AC installation location in the premises for listening
    the trajectory of the horse cart and bells movement changes. In one case the
    horses with the cart are moving from the left hand front corner to the right
    hand front corner and then to the right hand rear corner. In the other case –
    from the left hand front corner along the room diagonal through the listener to
    the right hand rear corner. In the third case – from the left hand front corner
    to the left hand rear corner, and then goes to the right hand rear corner
    behind the listener’s back. But in all these cases it is heard that the patter
    of horses’ hoofs is in front and the bells jingle closer to the listener or
    behind his back. Could you please say, which trajectory of movement of the
    horses and the cart with bells was recorded by you
    minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
  • Aint that the truth.

• CorneliusCornelius June 2013

UUhhggg, The First One !

• Igor June 2013
    So, any suggestions?
  • You need a new jiggling pin as the one your using has been twisted into the crankshaft of all things social

• Igor July 2013
    So, which trajectory of movement of the horses and the cart with bells was recorded in original? Does anybody know?
  • Igor August 2013
    I still would like to have an answer...
  • churchmileschurchmiles August 2013
    Pass the dutchy pon the left hand side should answer your question.
  • imspartacusimspartacus August 2013
    sounds good in mono.
    cant wait for the five in one version.
  • Five in one version? There'll be horses everywhere.
    Does anything sound good in mono,???????  i got two ears for a reason. Not sure what that reason is though. I have just read your post properly Mr Igor and i would be very surprised if you get an accurate answer to your most detailed question. Dare i ask why this movement is so important to you. ? Sometime you do get a dropout or occasionally the wrong trajectory is played through the wrong speaker. Not normally an issue with audio but if it is accompanied by visual media it can throw you a bit because the sound is being portrayed as a visual. This occurs on a lot of even high budget movies or bluray audio / visual discs. A lot of detail is wasted on the general public as they dont have bat like ears that can detect the most subtle of noises. I often hear stuff that i then point out to somebody whos hifi stand no chance of ever picking up the clarity to which i am somewhat addicted to. 
    I was being sarcastic. but saying that sgt peppers sounds better in mono the way it was originally recorded  as are the beatles first four albums. sgt peppers is also longer in mono a lot of corners were cut when it was remixed in stereo for cd in the 1980s. I think you would be surprised how good it sounds in mono. 
    i would lol , By the way do you have one ear.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact with any issues.