WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF ROGER WATERS WATERS ?
  • grungdoommetallgrungdoommetall October 2011
    FOR EXAMPLE :
    AMUSED TO DEATH
    THREE WISHESS
    please tell me why ?
    Thereis no pain If you dont wanna talking about it.
    WELCOME TO FREE LAND

cymbeline , jusoska:
    the dark side of the moon.
    us and them

Skybluehope :
    amused to death
    perfect sense

grungdoommetall , DansJulz :
    wish you were here
    wish you were here

blueshift :
    meddle
    ECHOEC

WISH YOU WERE HERE 1975
    WISH YOU WERE HERE
    we're just two lost soul simming in a fish bowl. year after year runnig over the same old ground, what have we found? the same old fear. wish you were here.

I think fear is better of pain
    fear => close eyes => nothing
    open eyes => everything => pain
    Tanx dear cymbeline
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope October 2011
    Perfect Sense  (I used to play it on keyboard and would get morbidly depressed because I felt so far away from Roger, and it was actually, depressing), BUT, it was the one song that the notes hit a chord in me every time, a feeling of being connected in some way, even though geographically worlds apart xxx :)))
  • JuSoskaJuSoska October 2011
    Us and them!
    Tanx dear skyblue hope
    Tanx dear jusoska
    yw,  but no thanks necessary  :) xxxxxxxxx
    When someone trying to help me, what must i say?
    It depends, u can just be there for them too :))))))
    What can i say.
  • 506am506am October 2011
    To choose one favorite song from Roger is impossible for me. There've been so many... from Floyd and his solo years.

Breathe - Time - Brain Damage - Eclipse are all classics. Shine On - Wish You Were - Welcome To The Machine - Have A Cigar are all classics. Animals is biting and still stands today as the greedy bastards here in the States act out the characters in the album to a T. The entire Wall is a deep, thought-provoking, life-changing record that will likely never be repeated by anyone.

5:06 AM {Every Stranger's Eyes} is brilliant. KAOS had some good moments... particularly Four Minutes.

And of course, Amused To Death is a masterpiece. A true MASTERPIECE!

But the song that always gets me is the titles track to Amused To Death... this species has amused itself to death... so apt and so right.

Put it this way... if I ended up like Tom Hanks in Cast Away all I would ask for... besides fish to eat, is some way to listen to Pink Floyd/Roger Waters, All alone on an island... lost in Floyd/Waters... it would be paradise as long as the battery didn't die on me for my listening device.
    Yes there are so many good songs but which one is another brick on the wall ?
    I know , its hard. but i know one song is music from the body .If i want say what is my
    wish you were here is a song for my life. But thats not my soul feed.im iterest in roger lyrics . but first choose a song . Im in your service.Until next one...
    Oh oh oh .
    Im sorry dear 506am. tanx for your idea.
    @cymbeline: its another brick IN the wall....
    My dear friends i must going on job and maybe cant i follow the forum. Just I can say Thanks for your kindly , i love you and tanx for every happy moments .
    Its time to me go...
    B Y E....
    No, don't go!! :)))
    You can post AFTER work you know. Im going to be talking to myself practically on here again, gonna miss u kiddo :))))
    506: id ask to be on the island with Roger, screw the batteries :))))
    My dear friends cymbeline and skaybluehope please just and just for 2 min no one min ahh ok 30 sec wow 15 sec 10 , 5 ,plese just for 1 sec SHOT YOUR mouth

;-{DDD HEE ;-{DDD HOLE HOLE WHO SAID IM ROGER LAWYER
    HE IS ALIVE AND WHEN HUMAN IS ALIVE DONT NEED A BARRISTER.
    RATS ;-{dP-
    Lol  xxx :)))
  • grungdoommetallgrungdoommetall November 2011
    Tanx my dear gold wolf.
  • DansJulz November 2011
    "WISH YOU WERE HERE" -
    I relate to this song because my daughter live 1200 miles away from me, because I have lost a 2 brothers and 1 sister...guess it is just bitter sweet
    Hi .
    i hope is, would you have everything you want. My dear friend
    when my heart is broken just i say please god help me.
    You know life is a war and nothing another and its eternal pain .
    So every time you wants to speak about everything im in your service my page addres is in my activity we are all alone so its better when you need a black bord coming to me and write on my heart maybe this your pains was key for darkness the end.
    Sorry i cant speak english verywell.
    Maybe next one. . .
  • BlueShift November 2011
    ECHOES.  All 23 minutes of it.
  • why_att November 2011
    It's hard to choose, but nowdays I really like "Chain of Life".
    ;-{D im sorry one and absolute.
    Dear why_att
    My dear blue shift i think echoes was a band job and i dont know exactly roger perfect write or them write.But tanx.My friends here say exactly to you. But theyre brutal takecare. Bl.Cy.Jc.Pi.Bu.Jo Come here i just hear roger.
  • why_att November 2011
    @grungdoommetall I see, than I can't choose.
    I DO THAT SO YOU HUSHSHSHSH...
    PLAESE. ;-{D
  • billy_sylvesterbilly_sylvester November 2011
    Tide Is Turning ..of course
  • theeagle9ar November 2011

hi all of you there. i will  list my faves only from roger¨s solo albums cos it would be unending to name all from floyd recors too.

my favorites are:

it¨s a miracle.

three wishes.

the bravery of being out of range.

home.

and the tide is turning.

Zereshk.
  • Carlos November 2011

With Pink Floyd almost all of the songs, specially time, and the whole Animals album, my favorite album of all

solo, I like  the pros and cons of hitchhiking, amused to death

• grungdoommetallgrungdoommetall December 2011
    Three wishes is holy for me so im a pinki after kingdom of hammers dont afired only in this part . And i never choose that in a list for poll ;-{D
  • butterflybutterfly December 2011
    .  .  .  the thing , that touch me in a special way is ,  when I hear about ROGER' s voice , when he sing the lyrics from the song  . .  LOST  BOYS  CALLING  .  .   music is from ennio morricone  and his film THE PIANIST  .  .  i am freezing and I feel like a knife who penetrate in my heart   .  .  his voice is so melancholy and deeply sad , he makes me  goosebumps  .  .  .  after this song , there are countless other beautiful songs . . . one of them is  BRIAN DEMAGE , IF , CIRRUS MINNOR , HEY YOU , THE FINAL CUT  and the list can go infinitely  .  .  . 
  • GaleansGaleans December 2011
    I do not have a favourite Roger Waters song. He wrote many great songs. My favourite Pink Floyd album is "Animals", though, which is 98% RW, so this may say something
    NO TEARS TO CRY...
    B Y E. . . ;-{D
  • jcare December 2011
    I can't pick one but Mother is just so Roger..
  • jcare December 2011
    Oh I forgot to answer why..I guess because it is such a deeply revealing look into the psyche of a man with enough self awareness to explore one of the most important relationships, that between mother and child. His cognizance of the effect of her over protectiveness and yet without directly explaining or exploiting just how the experience shapes him as a man until the very last line. The last line simply hangs there making you reflect on the previous lyrics, questioning or searching your own mind to see if the same applies to you as well.. The vulnerability and the lyrical barb at the end is characteristic Imo of Roger, although his barbs can also be seen as brutal unfiltered honesty but not necessarily honesty that you would choose to entertain often. Just a quick, fleeting flash of truth and then it slips away into a beautiful melody. It is a personal song, but as a gifted wordsmith he can and does make it relatable to others and this is precisely why I love the man..he is often seen as being an aloof man or so I've read, but the words not only reflect his duality but underneath it all a deeply sensitive heart whether troubled or not. Oh dear did I go off an a tangent again..;o)
    Az an roozi ke daste hazrate ghabil agheshteh shod be khoone hazrate habil adamiat mordeh bood ba anke adam zendeh bood.
  • StevenSteven December 2011
    @grungdoommetall, cut the phony language, it can be very hurting to some people!!!
    .  .  .   steven  .  .  grungdoommetall  has  postet the  new  topic  M Y  W A L L  . . .   I think he is hide behind his wall , waiting for better days  .  .  .  
  • WladWalerius December 2011

No momento estou curtindo Amused to Death, mas se eu for citar uma por uma, acho que não caberia nessa resposta!

Ainda tenho o VINIL do The Wall que eu e outros colegas curtíamos nos fins de semana a 30 anos atras! E o The Wall, ainda continua sendo o melhor!

• spiff December 2011
    RUN LIKE HELL  !!!!!    
    .  .  .  TODAY ,  I LIKE  .  .  NOBODY  HOME ,  from   the  final  cut  .  .  .  
    HOOMI SAID IM SORRY DEAR BUTTERFLY YOU'VE USED UP YOUR LAST WISH IM REALY SORRY BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES
    YOU ARE SAVED IN MY HEART FOREVER WITH FINAL/CUT
    WHERE IS THE HELL'S LAMP, DEAR ITS TIME FOR YOU TO GO.
    WELCOME TO NEW REGRET ;-{D thats fun dont wory you are free in choice dear butterfly but just laughing please.
    . . .  OOHHHHHHHHH  . . I' am  so  offend . . dear  grungedoommetall , when  I  speak  with  you , for  write  I  choose  the  white  color , because  of  your  eyes  . .  my  comment  with  the  red  color  was  an  answer  to  steven  . .  so  my  dear , I  have  one  free  wish , I  save  it  for  an  other  moment , ha ha ha  . . .   

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.