If i were a swan.I'd be gone

If i were a train,I'd be late again

If i were a good man,I'd talk to you more often than i do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptmx1d4tE_A&feature=related

Cheers:Prettyboyfloyd :)

• oneofthesedays February 2012
    Dont forget the lyrics in "Seamus"
  • butterflybutterfly February 2012
    .  .  .   IF , is  my  favorite  song , when  I  am  a  little  melancholy  or  depressed  . .  then  my  son  takes  his  guitar  play  the  melody  and  encourage  me  to  sing , an  effective  therapy . .   the  words  do  miracle  and  the  melody  is  simply  wonderful  .  .  .  .  IF ,  is  not  known  very  well , but  so  a  such  beautiful  song , that  we  don' t  remember  anymore , roger  has  an  infinity  of  good  songs , for  every  mental  state  there  is  one  .  .  .  
  • jcare February 2012
    How was your sleep butterfly?  Hope you had a lot of nice dreams. I agree there is a song for every mental state, some of them are so powerful that I have to be in the right frame of mind to listen to them. They each have their own beauty..and there are so many different type of beauty.
    .  .  .  Roger' s  songs  are  like  a  box  of  pills .  .   if  you  have  headache  there  is  a  song  right  for  this , and  so  for  each  health  problem , you  take  out  a  pill  ( song ) from  Roger' s box  .  .  RW  free  therapy  .  .  .  ha ha 
    I will label all the RW songs I need for the week MTWTFSS just like my real pill box. JK! I dont have a pill box I keep them in a lil baggie.
    .  .  .  ha ha , my   ROGERIAN  THERAPY  ,  works  since  35  years  .  .  .  Hi , oneofthesedays , i  think  the  lil  baggie  is  also  good , ha ha  .  .  .  
    Hey BFly Hope all is well? Enjoy your therapy! I will as well
  • TheLabyrinthTheLabyrinth February 2012
    I usually supplement my Rogerian sessions with some Tom Waits, just to cool things off.
    .  .  .   Hi  " TheLabyrinth ", here  in  switzerland , Tom  Waits  is  not  known  very  well , so  I  go  on  wikipedia  find  info  .  .  .  someone  says  about  him , his  voice  sounds  like  it  was  soaked  in  a  vat  of  bourbon , left  hanging  in  the  smokehouse  for  a  few  month  and  then  taken  outside  and  run  over  with  a  car  .  .   WOW ,  I  go  on  youtube , to  hear  about  this  voice  and  WOW , this  songwriter  is  really  a  big  revelation  for  me ,  i like  him ,  he  is  also  a  little  bit  comedian , great  tip  .  .  .  good  continuation  to  you  with  your  " combination  therapy "  .  .  .  
    .  .  .  " nights  in  white  satin "  from  moody  blues  were  famous , when  I  felt  in  love  for  the  first  time , it  was  37  years  ago , and  is  still  current , I  love  this  song , it  is  so  emotional , generally I  like  the  moody  blues  .  .  .  
    Cym/BFly = Please be careful mixing the blue and the pink? I think you should stick with just one? Awww F-it I am no Dr. Mix away!!! I might even go for some Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day and Black Sabbath! So Pink,Blue,Red,Green and Black! I hope this therapy works?
  • jcare February 2012
    Blue Oyster Cult?

Hey Cym did you catch the show with Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White "It Might Get Loud" I think that's the name?
    I need some therapy right now!!!
  • jcare February 2012
    Aww One I was a little disappointed too! But at least were in like Flynn for CT!  Hey I got a great Cajun place recommended to me right across from The XL..

Jc- Thanks for cheering me up. I will meet you and your hubby at McKinnons Irish Bar? I owe you Girl Scout$

• jcare February 2012
    Sounds like a plan..hubby is taking off so we can make it there with some time to spare..Your cookies await you..
  • SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope February 2012

• SkyBlueHopeSkyBlueHope February 2012
    never mind
  • jcare February 2012
    Me neither..I just like the color theme you got going on here..
  • reg_waters_7569 February 2012
    Try some Tony Cary static on the radio is good but his double Pink World is also very goodor heres a obscure one Lee Saunders  CD title Promise of Peace
  • PrettyboyfloydPrettyboyfloyd February 2012

"Mademoiselle Nobs"

And Seamus the dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLAG0-BKmw

Free therapy.Like a box of pills lmfao butterfly & oneofthesedays.

.  .  .  mademoiselle  nobs , is  a  good  pill , when  we' re  in  love , and  scream  like  a  wolf  in  pain , when  we  suffer  .    arghhhhhh  .  .  .   when  I  play  this  song  to  my  dog " lumpy " , he  rolls  up  his  ears  and  put  on  alert  .  .  .  
    .  .  .  hey  cymbe  and  jcare  and  all  others  who  love  " be  careful  with  that  axe   Eugene .  . I  have  found  a   WONDERPILL   .  .  .  .  .   go  on   YOU  TUBE   and  look  for  .  .  ROLAND  PETITE  BALLET- PINK  FLOYD- CAREFUL  WITH . . . / OBSCURED  BY  CLOUDS / WHEN  YOU' RE  IN  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  man , this  is  really  a  great  discovery , never  seen  a  ballet  with  music  from  PF  ,  it' s  a  DREAM  .  .  .  .  .  .. .  . I  am  not  able  to  put  on  the  link  here , from  you  tube , if  someone  can  do  this , thank  you  .  .  .  .  .cymbe  and  jcare  I  am  sure  that  this  night , I  sleep  very  well , and  dream  flying  pink  floyd .  .  .  .  
    .  .  .  DO  YOU  LIKE  IT  ? ? ?   for  me  it' s the  first  time  I  saw  this  kind  of  ballet  to  PF  music , I  think  it' s  beautiful  .  .  .    
  • PrettyboyfloydPrettyboyfloyd February 2012

"Roland Petit Ballet"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfygRd-J6ts

2u butterfly

.  .  .  GOOD  JOB ,  pretty  .  .  mercy  beaucoup ,  kisses   for  you  . .  muahhh  !  !  !    

Hey All... Just got home and " ITS MEDICATION TIME"

Please keep up with your therapy suggestions. Keep the new links coming? I find my tolerance building up so I need to keep my mind guessing whats coming next. I think I am starting to fool myself?

No damn it. False alarm. I am on to me!

• Bump
  • butterflybutterfly April 2012
    .  .  one  day , all  questions  in  this  forum  probably  will  be  out  of  date  .  .  so  let  us  take  to  heart  the  words  from  ROGER ' s  song   " IF "  .  .   AND  IF  I  WERE  A  GOOD  MAN , I ' D  TALK  WITH  YOU  MORE  OFTEN  THAN  I  DO  .  .  come  on  old  friends , let  me  read  your  comments  .  .  .  .  .       
  • Prank_ZabbaPrank_Zabba April 2012
    in an early version of a band i was in back in 1992, we used to play IF & SUMMER 68 just for the hell of it. cut to last summer where i managed to figure out on my 4 string classical ukelele, a lower pitched tuning that i can play IF like it was Primus covering it. sounds funky
  • Bump again truly beautiful song

• PrettyboyfloydPrettyboyfloyd October 2012
    Bump :)
  • PrettyboyfloydPrettyboyfloyd October 2012
    Bump
  • mottst1972mottst1972 October 2012

I like the song IF very much, but i think it exposes a weak side of Roger Waters. There are no IFs and BUTs when it comes to Art.

I wish the song was like,

I am a Swan, and i am gone,

When I am train, be sure, I will be late,

I am a good man, but i am in no mood to speak to you.

etc...

• mottst1972mottst1972 October 2012
    But the Dog was not Toppy thing...was really awesome...some brave heart. Imagine if the dog felt, DG was missed a note or it felt, the whole thing was not Toppy...Toppy Toppy...Need some Poppy...Oh my Poppy Puppy Poopy...
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • butterflybutterfly July 2013
    . . B U M P . .  B U M P . . 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.