Roger with a new tour and album
  • Hano11 November 2013
    Hey people. On Rolling Stones they are saying that Roger is coming out with a new album. Roger has said to he has already done a 55 minute demo of new songs and album, but will not tell what they are called and when it will come out, but it is expected to come out next year. Also Roger might do more Wall Shows too, but Roger is not saying he is.
    - Hano11
  • Gibbin82 November 2013
    Why start a new thread about this? Don't you reading the existing threads before posting a one? This is not new news to anyone who can be bothered to read the threads that have been very recently posted, If you could be bothered to look there is already a thread about this only four threads down and it says almost everything your post tells us in the thread title and the rest in the first post.
  • cdburnercdburner November 2013
    HHmmmm passes Hano11 the glasses !! (reading ones, that is, NOT drinking ones) !!
  • Hano11 November 2013
    Hey you dont complain to other people about posting the excact same thing but you do this to me.
    -Hano11
  • CorneliusCornelius December 2013

Hi, it's all in the thread title Hano, come to think of it I've posted a few "CLANGERS" myself !

don't want you to be put off posting stuff on here though, it's a free forum :)

• churchmileschurchmiles December 2013
    Free, i been paying for it since joining. Mainly in brain cells. Glad i aint crever lyke sum n ear
  • Hano11 December 2013
    Yea Right i don't pay money
  • CorneliusCornelius December 2013
    That's because, you are special Hano
  • Hano11 December 2013
    Why thank you Cornelius
  • churchmileschurchmiles December 2013
    So where is the bluray dts,hd dvd then. 6 days till sanity clause comes through the letter box and no sign on the Wall dvd
  • imspartacusimspartacus December 2013
    i know its about time he pulled his finger out with wall dvd its its 5th anniversary next year.
  • Hano11 January 2014
    When is Roger Waters The Wall and Dark Side of The Moon film going to come out i wonder
  • Gibbin82 January 2014
    Regarding the Wall it is a question we would all like to know, if it is done with the haste normally reserved for Roger Waters releases we could still be asking the same question this time next year. But I don't on't think there was ever a dark side of the moon film planned
  • Hano11 January 2014
    Roger did have recorders come in and record the United Center show and Naussa Coliseum Show in 2010
  • Gibbin82 January 2014
    He also had the London shows at the O2 in 2011 recorded and it was announced before the show ithat t was for a DVD. However Steve Guthrie is supposedly working on it as he is on the promised 5.1 mix of the original album and the Blu-Ray of the feature film, adding into to that the long awaited film of the original 1980/81 shows, if they are anything to go by I wouldn't hold your breath on a pending release of the 2010 / 2013 shows, but when it does happen I am sure it will be brilliant.
  • voodoochild1975 January 2014
    Steve Guthrie or James Guthrie?  James has been doing most of the mastering/mixing/remastering, but is there a Steve I don't know of?  for instance James Guthrie did the engineering on the recent Immersion releases... and partners with Doug Sax to do the recent vinyl re-releases (including the upcoming Amused to Death re-release on vinyl).  FWIW, both of these engineers, Guthrie and Sax, know what they are doing... ;)

But is there a Steve I don't know of?
  • Gibbin82 January 2014
    I stand corrected it is James Guthrie and not Steve. And he also does know what he is doing, but I am not so sure he is that quick at meeting deadlines, although that could be because he is in great demand. Take the Wall Immersion box set for example, while the other two sets included 5.1 mixes the Wall didn't, and it was said at the time that it was still being worked on, but we still don't have it.
    I wasn't going to presume to correct, I thought you meant James, but there could have been a Steve I didn't know of.

Thanks for the link, my ears tend to like Guthrie's work.  DEFINITELY a favorite audio engineer of mine.

Cool they mentioned the MFSL pressings... I have 3 vinyl pressings of Darkside;
    US Capitol Wally Pressed
    MFSL
    The recent Sax/Guthrie

To my ears, the MFSL is great, but the Sax/Guthrie is a bit better.

And yes, to me it makes perfect sense to have the Immersion box, a few different CD copies and the aforementioned vinyl copies of this album.
  • Gibbin82 January 2014
    Of all the Immersion sets recordings though despite the different mixes, to me the best one of all is the Quadrophonic mix of Dark Side. Whilst all the others are literally remixes of the original releases (also to my ears Guthrie's sonically being the best) the Quadrophonic DSOTM it isn't really a mix at all but a completely different studio recording, and as it was probably recorded later than the original stereo mix, it really Is the final worked finished version the band produced. It is IMO a real hidden gem, as I suspect a lot of people just choose the version they want and the rest are just curiosities that either don't work with their equipment or presumed inferior to the mix they choose, not realising that there is a completely "new" version in there. Although I expect you have already, if you haven't give it a listen and you will be quite surprised how different it is in places.
    Oh, I have and agree completely... a real treat to hear.  I hardly touch the 5.1, if I want 'surround' for Darkside, I go for that quad mix.

Not sure what to do with the scarf though... 

hmmm crazy idea... but thinking of loading up Reaper and taking a stab at my own stereo mix from that quad mix.
  • Hano11 January 2014
    What is going on 7 comments i have only been gone for 4 days wtf
  • Yeah, you better buckle up, things are moving at damn near the speed of light around here.
  • Hano11 February 2014
    I wonder if Roger Waters will play the song If from Atom Heart Mother again.
  • Hano11 February 2014
    Happy last day of February 29 the last day of February now where ls my cake

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Welcome to the message board. Please be courteous to all your fellow forum users.

Contact forum@rogerwaters.com with any issues.